Quelques nouvelles d’applications python: Open Object, OpenERP 5.0, Django + Python 2.6 Quick Reference de Richard Gruet
Posted by patrick sur février 11, 2009
Quelques nouvelles intéressantes concernant le développement d’applications python:
– http://thisweekindjango.com/callcasts/episode/9/callcast-discussion-corey-oordt-and-opensource/ (‘ A conversation with Corey Oordt discussing the new OpenSource Washington Times project and their forthcoming collection of reusable apps, along with greater goals for becoming a platform for Django newspaper/media applications. Oordt is the Deputy Internet Director for the Washington Times. His small team of Django developers soon plans to make a greater public position in the open source community with their latest opensource.washingtontimes.com project website and their soon to be releases project repository including django-suppertagging (Open Calais integration), django-massmedia, solango, a Django powered trac-like management application, django-clickpass, along with further aspirations for hosting Django sprints, projects, and ideally growing into a platform for hosting Django powered news applications. ‘)
– http://thedjangoforum.com/board/ (‘A forum for anyone interested in Django or Python development. Find help for your Django related questions or share your knowledge with developers that are just getting started. Please come take a look’)
– http://rgruet.free.fr/#QuickRef (The Python 2.6 Quick Reference is available in HTML and PDF formats. This time I was helped by Josh Stone for the update. As usual, your feedback is welcome (pqr at rgruet.net. Source: http://groups.google.com/group/comp.lang.python.announce/browse_thread/thread/70f000802201af4a/ea354c557bf13bb0?show_docid=ea354c557bf13bb0&pli=1).
–http://groups.google.com/group/comp.lang.python.announce/browse_thread/thread/529f43330e4c5ac5 (‘OpenERP 5.0 is out ! Why do I talk about OpenERP on this mailing list ? Because OpenERP is fully developed with Python. That major enhancement of Open ERP can now answer to all the needs of a business. Open ERP V5 not only provides management functions, but also all functionalities necessary to a SMB, like : a process management by modules, a wiki, a webmail, a Business Intelligence (Cube OLAP), a Document Management System, an eCommerce, an idea box, etc.This new version comes with a full review of the web site giving access to more then 1500 pages of documentations on business management and a reorganization of the community sources build upon the Open Object framework. Free cycles of conferences are planned with the version 5.0 release of Open ERP.
Thanks to its huge community, Open Object produce more then 20 modules a month. The Open Object community it is more then 1000 contributors, 126 development branches in parallel, an average of 400 new functionalities or bugfix per month, one commit every 5 minutes and functional and technical experts specialized by activity and working in teams.
The rise of Open Object and the diversity of the projects makes it an unmatched framework composed of more then 400 modules installable in a few clicks to cover all kinds of need or to simply start, with a simple module, to answer a simple need. Then, you can install other functionalities to come to a fully integrated and automatized system.
Open ERP v5 is characterized by the appearance of many functionalities far beyond the perimeter of traditional management. One can underline the following innovations:
* An integrated wiki.
* An integrated document management system.
* A Business Intelligence (BI) using a OLAP (Online analytical processing) database.
* An integrated BPM (management of process).
* A web portal for clients and suppliers.
* Improvement of translations (1 translation file by language and module).
* A touchscreen point of sale.
* A full Ajax webmail .
* A shared calendar.
* Plugins for Outlook, OpenOffice, ms. Office, Thunderbird.
* An integrated eCommerce, etc
This new release offers 3 user interfaces :
* the rich application client for a day to day advanced use,
* the web interface allowing a remote access and an easy deployment,
* the QT client that perfectly fits in a KDE environment.
The web version of Open ERP includes numerous functions to modify or create your own application :
* an visual view editor,
* an object editor,
* a workflow (process) editor,
* an Open Office integrated report editor
* a statistics engine (BI cube),
LaunchPad Project: http://launchpad.net/openobject‘).
– http://freshmeat.net/projects/openerp/?branch_id=77761&release_id=293852 (‘Open ERP is a complete ERP and CRM. The main features are accounting (analytic and financial), production management (MRP), stock management, sales and purchases management, task automation, marketing campaigns, help desk, POS, and more. Technical features include a distributed server, flexible workflows, an object database, a dynamic GUI, an XML-RPC interface, and customizable reports. ‘)
– https://launchpad.net/openobject (‘OpenObject is a professional Rapid Application Development framework in Python that allows you to build your applications within a few minutes. This is the main project of all related projects around OpenObject: OpenERP (a complete enterprise management software), OpenObject Server, OpenObject Web Client (the web version of OpenObject applications), OpenObject Application Client, BI (a complete business intelligence application based on openobject), OpenObject Addons (about 300 modules available for OpenObject’s applications), .
- OpenERP (‘This project contains all packaging scripts to allow you to download and customize openerp instances and create packages which are a selection of modules and projects. These scripts will download all different bazaar projects and link them to create an full openerp system.’)
- OpenObject Addons
- OpenObject Business Intelligence (‘OpenObject’s Business Intelligence allows you to build a full featured and flexible reporting environment in a few minutes. It plugs efficiently on OpenObject’s applications but also on most populare databases. You don’t need to waste time building complexe and inflexible shemas: due to his user friendly cube designer, it allows you to build or customize your cube on any application in a few minutes. The datawarehouse structure is then computed and feeded automatically based on an analysis of the queries made by the end-users. OpenObject is the first tool ever made that allows small companies to set up a complete Business Intelligence solution within a few hours. The following animations present you how to we built a complete schema on a new database in a few minutes.’)
- https://launchpad.net/openobject-client OpenObject Application Client (‘OpenObject is an open source framework based on Python that lets you build your entreprise applications extremely fastly and easily. It includes an ORM, a Workflow engine, several report designers, a MDX engine, a dashboard designer, a module system, an automated migration engine, and much more… Get a web (Ajax) and a rich application with the same code and launch your SaaS offer within minutes thanks to our portal, our webservices interfaces and our 300+ available modules.’)
- https://launchpad.net/openobject-client-kde KDE OpenObject Client (‘Cross-platform OpenObject Client based on Qt and KDE libraries.’)
- https://launchpad.net/openobject-client-web (OpenObject Web Client: The Web client of OpenObject offers a high quality and ergonomy client for OpenObject and OpenERP. It is known to work with all major web browsers available today, including Firefox, IE6, IE7, Safari3 and Opera9. It uses extensively Ajax for a maximum of ergonomy and a minimum of communictation. It includes a calendar view, a workflow designer, a view editor, an object designer, eso.)
- https://launchpad.net/openobject-doc (Open Object Documentations : This is the project to manage .rst documentations on Open ERP and Open Object. Most documentations must be written in .rst, and we generate the final output using Sphinx.)
- https://launchpad.net/openobject-server (‘OpenObject Server: ‘)